Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Very First Blog Post


First blog posts are always kinda awkward, I think. I never really know what to put, so I think we'll go with introductions. Sound good? Good c:

I'm Myndi - your designer, photographer, and blogger. None of which I'm a professional at, though. I'm currently an undergrad student with a few more years to go before going to grad school and, with any luck, coming out as a veterinarian. Ultimately I want to become a large and small animal holistic vet with focuses on small animal (mostly of the canine persuasion) nutrition and possibly genetics/reproduction. Animals are, and always have been, my passion. My current critters offer a lot of inspiration to me on everything and you'll see them often here.

On the other hand, I love designing things! I've always liked decorating and I'm drawn to bright, jarring colors that pop everywhere. When I was little, I spent more time designing and decorating my Barbie's houses than actually playing with them. When I was a little older, I spent all my time decorating my Sims' houses, but the poor things never really got to live in them. Now that I've gotten into crafting, I'm able to really customize and decorate! A good deal of the stuff that I make is centered on my pets and the fact that most things you buy are so generic and plain looking, especially if your dog weighs more than five pounds! So, I wanted to change that and started making things for myself that were functional, decent looking, and sized up from the norm and, hopefully by the end of this summer, I'll have my Etsy shop up and running!




Snickers and Ava are my lovely, sometimes unwilling, models.
Snickers is an 8 year old German Shepherd/Husky/random mix. He was a few months old when we adopted him from someone with an oopsie litter and he's since grown into a 96 pound lapdog.
Ava just turned a year old less than a month ago and is 100% Siberian Husky (which, I'm convinced really means that she's 25% cat, 75% loose fur, and 100% pure energy) from a rescue. We adopted her when she was 8 1/2 weeks old and took a nearly 24 hour roadtrip just to get her.

Ava models most of my things that need modeling since everything is mostly feminine. Snickers doesn't seem to mind a pink sweater or something every now and then, but after neutering him as a puppy, I'd like to leave him with a tad bit of masculinity and dignity if at all possible.

So, welcome and I hope you enjoy everything =]
Even though there's not much here yet xD

No comments:

Post a Comment